Ryan Ellis at Forbes.com on the tax increases Democrats want to deliver:
Instead of figuring out how to raise taxes, Congressional Democrats would do better to work in a bipartisan manner to make the middle class and pro-jobs tax relief just passed into law permanent. A rising tide lifts all boats.
Ralph Benko: End the Fed’s War on Paychecks
Brian Domitrovic: The Obama-Reagan Comparison Does O. No Favors
Ryan Ellis: Reform Conservatism and a Smarter Supply Side Tax Agenda
To sum up, here’s the winning agenda for a 21st century supply side renaissance:
1. Cut the top tax rate on business income to no higher than 25 percent. Leave wage taxes alone, and let the Left have their 39.6 percent “scalp the rich” talking point.
2. Allow all business investment to be deducted in the year of purchase
3. End the double taxation of savings
4. End the double taxation of international income
5. Cut taxes for the middle class, either by embracing an increase in the child tax credit, or cutting the payroll tax, or by some other means.